Re: your mail (Subject & Power...)

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Malcolm Dunnachie Thompson wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 02:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Malcolm Dunnachie Thompson <malcolmt@xxxxxx>
> To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: your mail (Subject & Power...)

> Oh. One more thing. Could we please stop using the term "human
> condition"? It reeks of Eurocentrism. (And, hence, of racism.)

How could your analysis be _SO_ right and intriguing and your final
statement be _SO_ much of an illogical ejaculation? Eurocentrism is not
equivalent to racism, unless you argue that colonialism is a purely
European phenomenon. And how does "human condition" "reek of
Eurocentrism"? If using words like these is your revolutionary move to
get power, then you are nothing but a whiner and ineffectual. Otherwise,
explain your broadest statements as well as you explained your critique
of how many on this list view power.

P.R. Van Leunen

Folow-ups
  • Re: your mail (Subject & Power...)