Re: Reading Order of Things - prefaces

>At 08:53 21.03.1996 -0500, Bryan Alexander wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I'm reading too much of my Adorno-ism into this, but it
>>sounds like these patterns of discourse formation are one way of
>>characterizing the subject-object relationship. After all, we're talking
>>about epistemology; not privileging the knowing subject.
>>

>Bryan, it may be due to my lack of sufficient knowledge of Adorno, but I am
not getting your point. Could you please elaborate on that?
>Thanks, Thomas

PLEASE NOTE:
There has been a restructuring of servers at the University of Mannheim.
Please use the address Thomas.Diez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for your reply.

Thomas Diez
Mannheim Centre for European Social Research
Mannheimer Zentrum fuer Europaeische Sozialforschung
Steubenstrasse
D-68131 Mannheim
Tel. ++49-(0)621-292-8465
Fax. ++49-(0)621-292-8435