Re: foucault and education

Clare:

An interesting text (that you may or may not have consulted) is FOUCAULT AND=
EDUCATION: DISCIPLINES AND KNOWLEDGE (Routledge, 1990), edited by Stephen=
J. Ball. It has chapters on educational research, private versus public=
schooling, and "the genealogy of the urban schoolteacher," among other=
topics. Another source might be Simon During'sessay, "Post-Foucauldian=
Criticism," found in GENEALOGY & LITERATURE (Minnesota, 1995), edited by=
Lee Quinby. The essay is also a part of During's FOUCAULT & LITERATURE=
(Routledge, 1992). Hope you find some of this useful.=20

-josh

>Dear Foucault listers
>
>I am currently writing a chapter on Foucault and education (at least I will
>be when I am finished my current foucault related task!) Although I
>already have a fair amount of material on the subject, I would be most
>grateful for any references on the subject of Foucault and education you
>might know of in case I have missed any!!
>
>For those of you who may be wondering - here is a quick update on the 850
>page volume of proceedings I am editing from a conference on Foucault that
>I convened at Surfers Paradise in 1994. This is rapidly nearing completion
>and I will post information about it to the list as soon as it is ready. My
>apolgies to those of you who have been waiting for ages for it to come out
>- it has been a much bigger task than I anticipated!
>
>Clare
>
>*********************
>Clare O'Farrell
>School of Cultural and Policy Studies