Re: Truth quote

Please, some rules of scholarship, must apply. Sources please, and some
textual unpacking might not go amiss. What do _you_ think this means? What
do _you_ think _Foucault_ means? Is it possible on your reading of Foucault
to claim that _he_ means anything? It is on mine by the way, but i don't
subscribe to the notion that Foucault denied agency or truth, hence I can
claim that he is trying to transmit something in his writing, I'm not sure
that you can. Also, need I point out that even here Foucault, if it is from
Foucault, is clearly distinguishing truth from the thought of truth.

>How about :
>truth= the complex scientific arrangement that envelops the 'will to know';
>the thought of truth=the essayist attempt to rethink herself in relation to
this arramgement.
>That would be more in tune to other passages.
>-------------
>Gabriel Ash
>Notre-Dame
>-------------

"What I try to achieve is the history of the relations which
thought maintains with truth; the history of thought insofar as it is the
thought of truth. All those who say truth does not exist for me are
simple minded."
(Foucault)

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics