Re: Yo:rape

I have mixed feelings about this:

>[rape] is always an act of psychic and physical violence, it has nothing
>with sex and very little to do with gender

I agree that rape is about psychic and physical violence--it's not
about sexual desire (depending, of course, on how you want to define
that) but about marking/establishing one's territory, one's mastery, one's
privilege...But this particular act of violence manifests itself in a
*sexual* way. That is, it's violence through sex, which seems to me to
make it a very particular kind of violence.

I'm not sure. Again, I have mixed feelings about this.

ddd
--

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
D D