Re: Rape

>dear jln,
>
>you bring up the curiously antiquated notion that (I paraphrase) "we are
>sexual beings with sexual drives" in defence of the claim that not all
>heterosexual sex is coercive. does this not sound strangely similar to
>the oft-heard claim that men who rape "just can't help themselves"? or
>that "she was asking for it, even if she said she wasn't, even if she
>didn't know she was - look at how she was dressed"?

Malcolm,
I don't remember using the word drive. However, even if I did, I could not
hold that the drive was uncontrolloable or that we can't help it (that
would be too self-serving). I hope and did not mean to imply any of the
things you said followed fromm my comments.

I have enjoyed allthe comments responding to Malcolm's post!!

JLN "The architectonic structure of the Kantian
jlnich1@xxxxxxxxxxx system, like the gymnastic pyramids of

Sade's orgies and the schematized
principles of the early bourgeois

freemasonry reveals an organization of