Re: True Self ?

Dear Colin Wight - I'm hurt. I'm really not the monstrous creature that
you make me out to be - I just have problems with terms posited without
explanations or eloborations. After all, I swallowed Lacan willingly
when he said the Unconscious is/is not this or/and that, when Derrida
said Differance is/is not this or/and that, and when Lyotard said the
Sublime is/is not this or/and that. I don't know how you do it, but it
seems to be to always be a true method to start one's inquiry by asking,
"Ehh .... excuse me, sir - but what the hell do you mean when you said
... " No ?

Jason Lin
SFELMA@xxxxxxx

"Anna Freud was reaching maturity and began to show an interest in her
father's work, so Freud gave her some of his writings to read. About a
month later he asked her if she had any questions about what she had been
reading. "Just one," she replied, "what is a phallus?" Being a man of
science, Freud unbuttoned his pants and showed her. "Oh," Anna
exclaimed,
thus enlightened, "it's like a penis, only smaller !!" - A joke from the
incomparable Jane Gallop