Re: True Self ?

Jason,

My apologies. I am completley with you on the point about wanting epistemic
warrant. My complaint is that it cannot be simply a matter of experience,
since experience often deceives. For example, I see the sun rise and fall
and my experience of this tells me that the sun is going round the Earth,
but this is not so. Reducing, being to experienced being is anthropocentric.
There are more things on heaven and Earth etc. Any coherent epistemolgy
needs a causal mode of ascription of reality, not solely an experiential
one. That's all.

-----

"We stand at the end of the age of reason.
A new era of the magical explanation of the world is rising.
(Adolf Hitler)

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics
University of Wales, Aberystwyth