Re: Individualising effects of power

At 04:44 PM 7/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Ross writes:
>>
>> I would like to start a new thread in this list,
>
>Under the circumstances, I'm sure I speak for all but one person on
>the list when I say: THANK-YOU.

>Steve D.
>SoBlo
>Toronto
>(C.U.P.E. Local 3902!!!)

T: I second that, Thank-You!

As for the discussion, does anyone have any considerations of the
transnational linakges between, say, in the French example, relations
between French strikers and similar forces at work in other parts of Europe,
or the rest of the World?

This part puzzles me--Marx imagined global capitalism, and the failure of
this to materialize, broadly speaking and no pun intended, led neo-marxist
to account for limited revolution. But now, there is global functionalism
growing out of local and regional functionalism, witness the mass of
treaties and agreements structuring relations between governments, and what
of the linkages between workers in this picture?

Any ideas?