Re: APOLOGIES

Diane: Great to know that you pay such attention to my mail now.You
and your "friends" are bouncing lots of mail back to me. This could
lead to you being taken off the list "my friend". It is not going to
stop at this "my friend". Clearly your purpose is to force me off the
List. And I presume you believe in free speech unlike Hitler and "his
friends". I have received well over a hundred messages bounced back
to me deliberately by you people. I wonder what other people on the
LList hink of this. I have never experienced this before. I join this
List to experience this nasty conduct

Karl

> Well, for the record, karl, Darlene should be credited with the
> "rudeness should always be met with silence" line. Wish I could take the
> credit you keep trying to give me for that, but I can't. 'Tis hers.
>
> ANYWAY...On a totally different subject, listers, I have a request. I'm
> teaching a grad seminar in feminist rhetorical theory with a focus on
> ecriture feminine in the fall. This course, among other things, will
> examine the ways in which ecriture feminine challenges both traditional
> and feminist assumptions about language and representation by pointing
> up the seductive force of a nonlinear writing, a writing that doesn't
> re/present so much as it *sets one in motion.* My main objective is to
> introduce students to, a la Kristeva, "desire/revolution in language,"
> or, a la Foucault, "the language of terror." I had planned to require
> Foucault's "Language to Infinity" and perhaps his "Nietzsche, Freud, and
> Marx." But before I type it in, does anyone have another suggestion
> that might be better? This course is going to have the reading list from
> hell already, but I want to select at least one Foucauldian article or
> chapter on language and re/presentation. Preferably something on the
> language of "the mad philosopher."
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> ddd
> --
>
> DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
> D D
> D D. Diane Davis D
> D Rhetoric and Composition D
> D Old Dominion University D
> D dddavis@xxxxxxxxxxxx D
> D http://www.odu.edu/gnusers/davis/ddd.htm D
> D D
> DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yours etc.,
Karl

Folow-ups
  • Re: APOLOGIES