Re; Nature of POwer

On Sun, Jul 28, 1996 11:33:15 PM, Samuel A. Chambers wrote:

>No doubt, a Foucaultian thinking must reject a scientific marxism,
>a telelogical conception of history, and (as Foucault puts it) any Marxist

>"economism." However, this is not to say that one rejects Marx when one
takes
>Foucault seriously.

(From one sam to another):

what precisely is left of Marxism once we reject all these things? It is
true that Foucault is ready to accept a deployment of discourse in almost
any form it might emerge so long as it operates as a "critical and not a
regulative principle" (his comments about democracy), but can we say that
this really represents a relationship to Marx's thought or just his
acknowledgement that history produces some interesting and potentially
radical instruments?

sb