make that: three HUNDRED thousand!

I just re-read my earlier message about the upcoming demonstration in
Toronto, and I was surprised to see that I claimed that there would be
"three thousand" workers participating. The state of the class
struggle here may not be what I, for one, wish it was, but it isn't
THAT bad. The demonstration (including a one-day city-wide general
strike, followed by a mass demonstration), is expected to draw around
three hundred thousand people (for the demonstration on the second
day). That would make it the largest demonstration (in one city) in
the history of Canada (which explains why I'm a little bit excited
about it). Things being what they are, people outside of Canada
probably won't hear about it when it happens, unless some people get
killed or something. Indeed, I already know (for "Chomskyan" reasons)
that it will be reported in Canadian newspapers that the demonstration
"had no effect" and "fell far short of what organizers were
expecting," etc. Nevertheless, there will be 300,000 workers who know
what really happened! (I don't mean that I expect anything to happen
other than milling around; it's just that it has a certain
significance when hundreds of thousands of people go so far out of
their way to mill around against a "libertarian philosophy.")

Steve
Toronto