Re: Foucauldian readings on the History and Philosophy of

Someone juct wrote:
>Most scholars feel that "true" scholarly research entails
>looking at the author's work(s) and explicating the texts. With Foucault,
>there is much in the way of interviews and personal opinions. Don't ignore
>Foucault's interviews as they can sometimes offer a clearer meaning than his
>texts.

Yes, indeed! I am presently trying to cope with the frustration I
experience when discussing the 'Foucault' presented by those who have never
opened a single of F's books. In regard to interviews as a source of
clarification, don't forget:

** Language, Counter-memory, Practice (1977, ed. Donald Bouchard and Simon
Sherry)
** Remarks on Marx (1977/1991, Interviews with Duccio Trombadori)
** Power/Knowledge (1980, ed. Colin Gordon)

I believe there is also another collection called 'Foucault Live'

Campbell Jones
University of Otago
New Zealand