Our Ref: 2937/SH/U210/104/2522

Please quote reference when replying
.
(discussant 6)

Dear Sir/Madam,

In May 1996 the Open University is to co-publish a correspondence course,
U210: The English Language: past, present, future. Within the course we
would like to use the following material in English (and in appropriate
formats for the reading impaired) as text for the world market.

Title:The Letter from Friday 24 Feb 1995 submitted by discussant 6
(University of Jyvaskyla Dept of Literature Finland)

Author(s)/Editor(s):
Publisher: (discussant 6)
Material used: Proposed print run: 16000

A photocopy of the material we wish to use is attached.

We hope that you will be able to grant us permission to use this material
for which full acknowledgement will be made. If you do not control the
rights to the material mentioned above, we would be most grateful for the
name and address of the copyright holder concerned.

We appreciate your co-operation in making this material available and would
ask you kindly to return this complete document duly signed.

Yours faithfully,

Richard McCracken
Rights Manager

Permission is hereby granted for the use of the above mentioned material.

Company/Publisher ______________________ Date ______________
Please delete as appropriate