Re: Applied Foucault

Hello All!
I am working on Developing some very interesting notions of what I call
"Transcedental Islamic Aesthetics". I just finished a paper that was
contrasting Kantian Aesthetic theories to that of the Islamic Aesthetics,
it will soon be published. However, as I was researching, I cam across
Foucault's view of Aesthetics with relation to the Enlightment project
and Kantian concepts. I am very interested in what Foucault has to say
abouut Aesthetics, considering the power/knowledge paradigm that he seems
to work in. I find that power/knowledge relations have found their
extreme expression in _Orientalism_ of Edward Said, who happens to rely
upon many of the Foucaultean matrixes. So the questions I have, are the
following, for any who are interested;
1) What Foucault's aesthetic theory?/ Does he have one?
2) Is his aesthetics bound in and amongst the power/knowledge schemes.
3) How would Some of Foucault's Ideas of aesthetics be extended into the
realm of politics/ethics?
4) What are some of his major works on Aesthetics?
5) and Finally, Is Foucault interested in anything known as
transcendence, be it in meta-theory, or meta-aesthetics??
Thank You
Omar Nasim
Dept. Philosophy,
U of M.