[no subject]

Hi everyone

I will post the exact reference for that paper on grief as soon as I can
get it from my professor. A number of people have expressed interest in
reading it. It does bring up many good insights on disciplining grief.

As for my own study of Foucault...well, things are looking rather bleak.
I was reading an article in the Austrialian and New Zealand journal of
Sociology, by Ross Morrow. he claims that Foucault is "relative". What
Foucault writes lies within a specific context - i.e. the genealogical
approach. Other sources have informed me that Foucault is not relative
but ambiguous. Ambiguous in a good way and not a bad way. Foucault's
ambiguity stems from the fact that he wishes to explain things, everyday
phenomena, but without exercising dominance. I am impressed with his
elusive style. I question, always, after reading anything on or by
Foucault, what has been accomplished? With Foucault, do we have a clear
case of true correlation between theory and practice? Is the application
of his theories really what he intended for us to use them for? I am
asking questions that, perhaps, only Foucault can answer. I would like to
see what anyone else thinks on the issue though.

I will post reference for that essay later this week. Sorry for the
delay.

Regards,

Clara Ho

The University of Calgary, Canada