Re: foucault and the family

I would think one of the best places to start would be with Donzelot's
work on the family:

Donzelot, J. 1978. THE POLICING OF FAMILIES. New York: Pantheon

Kevin D. Haggerty - haggerty@xxxxxxxxxxxx
University of British Columbia, Dept. of Anthropology/Sociology
On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, sam binkley wrote:

> Comrades:
>
> I would like to pose a question specially conceived for the holiday
> season: did foucault ever write anything about the history of the
> family? I know he makes some mention in D&P of the "swarming of
> panoptic techniques", which necessarily impose themselves upon the
> family and the space of the home, and I know there are passages in
> history of sexuality vol I which talk about the deployment of sexuality,
> and how this was superimposed on an earlier deployment of kinship. Does
> anyone know of an interview, or a good secondary source that deals with
> the family from a foucaultian point of view?
>
> sb

Folow-ups
  • Re: foucault and the family
    • From: sam binkley