Re: methodological precautions

>I was wondering whether anyone could help me with the reference to
>Foucault's five methodological precautions in the analysis of power: form,
>effect, direction, and knowledge effect. I am beginning to wonder whether I
>made them up!
>
>I would be VERY grateful
>
>Rigmor George
>Rigmor George
>Senior Lecturer
>Flexible Learning Centre
>The levels Campus
>University of South Australia
>Ph 08 83023297

Dear Rigmor George,

Foucault discusses five methodological precautions in the "Two
Lectures" portion of Power/Knowledge. I am not sure if these are the
methodological precautions to which you are refering. The discussion does
not seem to conform to the categories of form, effect, direction, and
knowledge effect. But, I thought I would try to be helpful anyway. The
discussion begins on page 96 and goes to about 103.

Foucault also discusses a number (only four, however) of
"cautionary prescriptions" in "The History of Sexuality" begining on page
98, but I do not belive that this is what you are looking for either.

Hope this helps in some way.

Matt