Re: A Preface to Transgression

> Do we have a crisis of (SELF) confidence onthis mailing list??!! Rebekah.

No, this is not it at all. I cannot have a crisis of self-confidence,
because I already _know_ that I don't know what I'm talking about; I'm just
trying to grapple with this text. I would imagine a Foucault list to be
a place where the spectacle of someone trying to grapple with a Foucault
text would provoke ample response, and would result in a grappling _together_.
Some would say (so I imagine): "You don't know what the hell you're talking
about; I can't believe how shoddy your understanding of 'the dialectic' is;
let me tell you a few things to set you straight." Others would say:
"Here is the direction I go into when I read this passage". And so on.
In the immortal words of Monty Python: This _is_ a cheese shop, isn't it?

But since I now have Sebastian's latest to keep my thinking going, I am
hereby declaring myself happy. I will proceed to _think_.

-m

Folow-ups
  • Re: A Preface to Transgression
    • From: Rolland Christine