Re: Alan Megill on Foucault

>Things are changing at NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com/changes.shtml
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

>It is interesting that this strand is still following the subject 'Megill'.
> Is no-one interested in discussing the commentaries of this significant
>figure in the Foucault-criticism industry? We seem to be reverting back to
>the safety of old themes that we have discussed many times. Does anyone
>have any thoughts on Alan Megill?
>

> -------------------
> Campbell Jones
> University of Otago
> New Zealand
> -------------------

In the book Prophets of Extremity I found the foucault section
fairly bad. While Megill is able to let Heiddger's undefined ,but as he
puts it so desirable, previous state of being go and Neitzsche's faults too
Megill seems to persecute foucault unjustly. I'm afraid I can't make any
terribley insightfull interpretations of the book( namely becuase I haven't
finished it! I'm in the last section though). The Foucault part is sorta
like Fukuyama's Last man and and the end of history in that F. seems to
praise liberal politics untill the end where he suddenly begins to critic
them...sorta similarly Megill begins with scorn for Foucault and then in
the end adds a few lines of praise. ah terribely sorry i'm not thinking
right now. gee well sorry.

weird what you said in your reply though. If the list really is
reverting back to old arguements then the list still hasn't learned. look
over any old newsgroup and you find ppl that know when their hitting on old
subgects and go to archives of that newsgroup to find the old arugments and
possibely revise them. if the list really is repeating the old then it has
failed to mature like most internet forums.

"Erasure is: deconstruction, writing, inversion and dis-
placement, paleonymy, the science of old names, the
double science"
-John P. Leavey