Re: Megill (was: A Preface to Transgression)

>University Telephone Services, Inc.
>The company that pays you CASH for every call that you make!
>http://www.netforward.com/uts
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>At 8:29 AM -0700 3/9/97, Sean Hill wrote:
>
>>Once again I think you are trying to force a morality into Foucault when
>>instead he's trying, for the sake of analysis, to suspend moral judgements
>>in his examination of these practices.
>
>Like I said, that's fine in art, but when it comes to social practice, that
>kind of stance reduces to either snobbish detachment or a scary nihilism.
>But I've made this point already, and you've made yours, and there's not
>much point in continuing the exchange further.
>
>Doug

you know its purty funny this showed up here. I mean the entire Megill
discussion began from a breif comment made about "Prophets of Extremity" in
which Megill traces the role of the aesthetic through Neitszche to Derrida
via Heiddegger and Michel Foucault. so to speak Foucault's work IS art and
works in a manner similar, if not it actually is, art according to Megill.
I agree with Ransom's reply btw.
anyway this has been a fairly long disussion...over 100k in length. 1/10 a meg.
thanx

"Erasure is: deconstruction, writing, inversion and dis-
placement, paleonymy, the science of old names, the
double science"
-John P. Leavey