Re: A Plea

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, L.F.O. wrote:

> As a sidenote, is this list not moderated? When I realized my
> mistake, I supposed that the moderator would not allow the message
> through.
>

> Sincerely yours,
> Leonid Oknyansky.
> --In memory of our naivette, against the naivette of our memory

This list is moderated but not in the sense implied by your statement.
There's just no way that I'm going to read everything first and then
decide if it _should_ go to the list. For one this would just be too
time consuming, but more importantly it seems to me that such filtering
is too constraining for the natural flow of a conversation. From time to
time the discussion does get heated and a certain amount of flames are
inevitable. In the past the only time that I've intervened in such
matters is when people have made a concerted effort to reduce things to
nothing but flames and stifle all other modes of the conversation. In
such cases I have no qualms about removing people from the list and
making it so that any messages they send don't get posted to the list.

Flannon