Re: genealogies

Rigmor George wrote:

> I am interested in reading some genealogies in education, particularly
> higher education. Any suggestions?

Coming from SA, you are perhaps already aware of this, but assuming
you aren't...
A lot of really interesting work in this area comes out of the
Institute for Cultural Policy Studies at Griffith Uni (Queensland),
and particularly by Ian Hunter (a CD ROM search for journal articles
published by Hunter would be worthwhile). WRT higher education, the
Institute published an interesting collection of essays in 1991 called
Accounting for the Humanities: The Language of Culture and the Logic
of Government (ICPS, Brisbane, 1991) with contributions from Ian
Hunter, Denise Meredyth, Bruce Smith and Geoff Stokes. Another
collection was published in 1993 by ICPS called Child and Citizen:
Genealogies of Schooling and Subjectivity (Meredyth, D. and Tyler, D.,
(eds)). No doubt subsequent work has been produced, but I've moved
away from the social sciences and lost touch. Hope this is of use...