Re: Powers (and spaces)

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Certainly this is true, but what mystifies me is precisely what this thing
> called "power" is. The details of its operations are explored at length,
> but who its beneficiaries are and what motivates them - these are often
> elusive. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

"what is power" is a much scarier question, of course, but the others
i can get a handle on. who are its beneficiaries? whoever happens to
be using it in the most free and systematic way to attain their goals?
what motivates them? material advantage, discursive privilege? i guess
f. leaves aside these questions cuz they're so changeable.
well, it's a start, anyway . . . :>

love, Sigzilla
Palace of Ming the Merciless: http://pages.nyu.edu/~scs7891
Chinese Staff and Workers Association Site: http://cswa.org