RE: still haven't found what I'm looking for

>I'm posting this message in the hope that someone out there
>knows the location of a quotation that's not only been bugging me
>but also is important for some research.
>
>In some interview, Foucault responds (perhaps) to the claim that
>he is a historian of discontinuity by saying something like," No one is
>more a continuist than I am - all a discontinuity is for me is a
>problem to be solved".

Maybe you're looking for the interview published in Politics, Philosophy,
Culture (Routledge 1988) pp. 96-109 which includes (p. 100) the
following:
In Les Mots et les choses I set out from this self-evident discontinuity
and tried to ask myself the wuestion: is this discontinuity really a
discontinuity? ... For me, this is not at all a way of declaring the
discontinuity Of history; on the contrary, it is a way of posing
discontinuity as a problem and above all as a problem to be resolved. My
approach, therefore, was quite the opposite of a "philosophy of
discontinuity."
The interview was originally publshed in L'Express on July 6-12 1984
56-58. The transalation is Alan Sheridan's.
Hope that helps, David Wachtfogel
Hebrew University
Jerusalem, Israel