Re: Secondary Sources & a query

A difficult but immensely rich and provocative book would be Gilles
Deleuze's *Foucault* (Trans Sean Hand, UMinn.P: 1988).

My own query: can anyone point me to any essays, chapters, long passages on
F's use of the statement/enonce? What he means by this, its originality
and useage in F, anyone who has picked up and used this particular bit of
F.? Dreyfus and Rabinow (who, as far as I know, have written the most on
this issue, and on the archeological F as a whole) say the enonce = "a
serious speech act," a la Austin, but I'm not satisfied with this myself.

MOre generally, I'm interested in using F (esp his notion of discourse,
regularity-in-dispersion, and the enonce) for cultural analysis (or theory)
-- as opposed to extracting a uniquely Foucauldian social or political
theory. I know there are the "governmentality" folks who have done some
interesting things in the wake of F., but I still want to talk about
culture. And more specifically, to use a Foucauldian notion of discourse
and the "construction" of reality, to think and examine the very notion and
reality of "The Economy" as such. Meaghan MOrris has a dense, fine piece
along these lines ("The Ecstasy of Economics" in *Discourse* 1992 I think),
but does anyone know of anything else that deals with a F-ing approach to
'the economic' as such?
Thanks.
Best,

Daniel Vukovich
English; Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory