Foucault's "statement"

I used F's notion of the statement as a way into the object
of my dissertation research (a piece of legislation). I found
Carole Blair's work particularly helpful:

Blair, Carole. ÒThe Statement: Foundation of FoucaultÕs Historical
Criticism.Ó Western Journal of Speech Communication 51 (1987): 364-83.

On 22 Sept, Daniel Vukovich wrote:

>My own query: can anyone point me to any essays, chapters, long
>passages on
>F's use of the statement/enonce? What he means by this, its originality
>and useage in F, anyone who has picked up and used this particular bit of
>F.? Dreyfus and Rabinow (who, as far as I know, have written the most on
>this issue, and on the archeological F as a whole) say the enonce = "a
>serious speech act," a la Austin, but I'm not satisfied with this myself.

Beth Britt

Elizabeth C. Britt
Asst. Professor
Master of Technical and Professional Writing Program
Department of English
406 HO
Northeastern University
Boston, MA 02115