Re: new participant

Edy,

I am another new participant on the list, and I just wanted to respond to
your post on history of sexuality. From my understanding of it, Foucault
is not only talking about how desire is historically determined, but also
how institutions categorize and define sexuality in order to regulate it
and gain and maintain power and control over individuals in society.
To him, rationality is the framework for doing so just as with the penal
system and insanity. I hope this is clear, if I'm off the mark on this,
please let me know!

Thanks
Rana A.Emerson

Rana A. Emerson