Foucault, Marx, and History

I am new to the list, so I don't know if the following questions have been
already raised, but I would like to see them debated by the list:

Despite what Foucault has to say about Marx and marxism, isn't he
fundamentally dependent on marxist historiographies? Can we not identify
this dependence not in his explicit statements but in his manner of
periodization, that is, when and where he locates discontinuities? Doesn't
his theory make use of the invisible 'base' even though his concept of
power/knowledge seeks to dissolve the base/superstructure dichotomy?
Doesn't he fail to make clear analytical distinctions between productive
and repressive power because his need to break with marxism forces him to
repress the interpretive framework that foregrounds capitalist social
relations? What can we see if we apply a Foucauldian analysis of discourse
to what Foucault himself writes? What statements can be made within a
Foucauldian framework? What must remain unsaid within it and why?

Yoshie Furuhashi