Comments?

Hi there I was wondering if you could help me out. I have recently
finished reading Foucault "Discipline and Punish, the Birth of the Prison".
If you have read it perhaps you could help me with this question. On page
131 he talks about the power to punish and how in history it took 3
modalities. Each one had it's own set of aims and strategies. Could you
verify if I am correct or incorrect in my analysis;

excersise of power 3 forms (modalities)

1) Spectacle of the Scaffold

Public torture and executions, in order to deter other from doing the same
crimes. Form of state control to create a conforming society.

2) Docile Bodies

A change in the object of control. Public toture & executions no longer
worked, sparked riots.

3) Panopticism

Induce state of consiousness in the inmate.

PLEASE EMAIL ME: TeraBiT@xxxxxxxxxxxx