Re: reified agency

In a message dated 5/16/98 7:23:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, je4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I find it is interesting in this dicsussion that there is an "we" versus
"they"
mentality- as if in any sort of free-er market society there is such thing as
"they" that does not include "we".

This sort of thinking would suggest, on economic grounds, that "we" operate
outside of a world which is constituted by the "they".

But, whether one likes it or not, we don't. >>

Now aren't you being provocative. Did you read my post. I pointed out that
everyone's mundane activity was primarily economic. But, exploitation does
exist. The avaricious do constitute a they as distinct from everyone who is
not avariciously exploiting the market.
Also, there are laws and government controls. These people also constitute a
they as distinct from normatively operating economic agents, that is,
everyrone else. Sorry you think we should lump all the bad guys in with
everybody, but I don't. In a sense, the people who exploit as well as the
people who try to control the market forces, read herd,
use reification techniques to manipulate everybody's perception.