Re: Are you an Internet Marketer?

> What is this message doing on a listserv for academic discussion? What is
> this doing on ANY kind of public forum? Why must we persistently be
> hounded by blood-sucking assholes everywhere we turn for substance and
> meaning?

That's easy: because people want to sell stuff and they try to get their
customers by running automatic address-gathering programs that use some
criteria suitable for automatic data-gathering and not in accordance with
the higher needs of the human soul. But a more difficult question is, why
did you, who don't have the excuse of being an automaton, have to respond
to that supposedly irrelevant and offensive message by repeating it in its
entirety? So that now we have received it not just once but twice?

-m