Universal Intellectuals

I am attempting to generate a bibliography of texts that
articulate critiques of "intellectual vanguardism," "intellectual
elitism," "universal intellectuals," etc. In short, I am
interested any text that discusses the shortcomings of
analytical/critical paradigms that privilege the knowledge and skills
of academics -- especially those with roots in Critical Theory.

I have references Foucault's remarks about universal intellectuals, so what
I'm looking for are the texts of others scholars (who may or may not utilize
a "Foucualdian" approach to analysis/critique).

I'd appreciate any suggestion anyone may have.

muchthanx,

dls