Re: Fouc Hayek & liberalism

Wynship Hillier wrote:

>I don't know about laboratory evidence being in short supply for homo
>economicus. I worked on research in econometrics
>which produced exactly such evidence. Furthermore, utility can be
>inferred from behavior. There seems to be a
>well-developed body of microeconomic theory in this area. See
>Luenberger's intermediate book on theory, for instance.

Kind of odd to read this on a Foucault list, which you'd think would be
critically interrogating the "science" of econometrics, the inference of
utility from behavior, and the social shaping of "preferences." But
apparently no one has done a Foucaultian examination of The Market, much to
my endless disappointment.

Doug