Re: Foucauldian examinations of The Market

Wynship Hillier wrote:

>As for an impact on psychiatry, I did hear from an unreliable source that he
>should be held partially responsible for the widespread discorging of all
>but the most violent mentally ill people from insane asylums onto, here in
>the U.S., the streets, where they typically fare poorly and die young.

Nonsense. They were deinstitutionalizing mental patients in New York in the
1950s and 1960s. The clincher was the reduced spending. If F had really had
an influence on policy, wouldn't more people have been questioning why U.S.
society produces so many people it classifies as mentally ill?

Doug