Re: disappeared

Well, not being a fan of Nietzsche, I can well believe that.
While I have great sympathy with his undermining of God and victim
morality I'm certainly not interested in the idea that power (or talent?
or correctness?) is an excuse for everything.

And I also regard vengeance as the least pleasant or useful human project.

But the game in London may be worth the candle (and the idea that, in the
absence of a solid system of international law, some nations can punish
people for doing things of which they disapprove in a completely
different place is pretty dangerous) for the sake of the audience rather
than the participants. It can be part of a network of power/events
throughout Chile (where I imagine a big minority still think Pinochet did
a good job) and the rest of the world. So that the discourse of order,
that extraordinary measures are allowable when society (or profit, or
morality or whatever) is threatened, may be weakened just a little more.

Jim