Re: Give Me A Bourgeois Humanist, Please!

Following from Leo Casey's heartfelt plea, and Doug's sarcastic
rejoinder,

I begin to understand why many of my friends reject post-whatevers, lock
stock and barrel, as being essentially a sophisticated means of avoiding
coming to grips with questions of social justice, and above all of
avoiding a commitment to a course of action. Praeter-liberalism is the
term we coined for it. A form of up-dated laissez-faire. I do not think
this was what Foucault was aiming at. Certainly it is not how he
behaved. Which is not to say that vengeance is the appropriate action,
although court action might be a bit of useful street theatre.

Cheers, all,

Nesta