Re: ADD the new onanism?

forgive me if I'm missing the point here, but it seems to me what is
interesting in the case of Ritalin is not so much the enforcement of
normality, but precisely the question of how it is that our societies are
becoming so pathological for their inhabitants. We seem to have come a
long way from the cameral dream of the healthy, tranquil civitas. Either
that or governments (and States) really have lost control.

Ian R. Douglas | Watson Institute of International Studies
Brown University, Box 1831, Providence, RI 02912 USA

tel: 401 863-2420 fax: 401 863-2192

"Fire includes heat and light: it is the ardour that
emanates from the heart, the lightning that
flashes from the intellect, which performs
miracles in this world." - Napoleon

http://www.powerfoundation.org