Re: disappeared

>Hi gentle scholars,
>
>Isn't the point, the old-fashioned point I suppose - *who* benefits by
>this prosecution of Pinochet? Who is trying to distance themselves? Who
>stands to gain by being unassociated, becoming dissassociated - with
>P.?
>
>Because I do not think, gentle readers, that it is the dead who are
>achieving in this story. Someone is scoring. And it probably isn't the
>bereft, in the end.
>
>In whose interests is it that the Western democracies should - belatedly
>- bring the dictator to trial?
>

>Nesta

[Damned if I know what this has to do with F but] I suppose an equally
old-fashioned reply would be that the purpose is to set a standard for
international cooperation on such matters, deter would-be Pinochet's of the
future, and ... oh yes ... what ever happened to 'justice'?

Colin Holmes,
Western Sydney