Foucaultian Human Nature???

<<Foucault is describing, discovering
historical practices and then building a notion of human nature upon that,
however, Foucault's notion of human nature is quite external and does not
really delve into philosophical thinking, but stays or rather emphases
political thinking and the external effects of politics upon our being.>>

I would be most interested in seeing an explication of this position, since,
in my reading, Foucault does not embrace any concept of human nature. Unless
one posits a concept of human nature which is not recognizable as such, I just
don't see how you can get to this end. Then again, how do you have a concept
of human nature which is external to human beings -- it seems to me to be a
contradiction in terms.

Leo Casey