¿Was Adorno a marxist?

Vunch:

You wrote:

- In
>the 60's, the students radicals were astonished and outraged that Marcuse
and
>Adorno did not participate in the planned uprising of '68.

Ana says:

You are wright in what concerns to Adorno. But it is wrong in the case of
Marcuse, that participated a lot in the uprising of ´68.

You said:

>I think you are harboring some misconceptions about the FS works. Yes,
there
>were some members who were communists in the early 20's when it was quite
>progressive and popular, but the FS has always pointed out that Marx's
>fundamental thesis has never consisted of even a single shred of evidence,
>namely, the eventual collapse of capitalism.

Ana says:

Adorno considered himbself a marxist thinker, althoug he critizised many
ideas of Marx, for example the one you point refering to collapse of
capitalism. Nevertheless, I think that it is important to consider that
Adorno writes in times in which many things have happened, his perspective
is quite different having lived many years after Adorno.

Ana