Re: commentary is a minstral show

In a message dated 1/23/99 3:20:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
furuhashi.1@xxxxxxx writes:

> Vunch wrote:
> >In a message dated 1/22/99 6:20:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> >furuhashi.1@xxxxxxx writes:
> >> I'm no fan of Habermas, but if we take ideal speech conditions to mean
> >> society without hierarchical social relations,
> >Where did this come from? Simply the fact of age makes this a
hierarchical
> >system however considerations of justice still require the facility to
> judge
> >the validity of speech acts, by even the youngest.
>
> Who said 'age'?
>
> Yoshie

Ideal speech conditions refers to the 3 (or 4) validity claims, assuming you
know what this refers to! But, the fact of hierarchical relations does not
necessarily undermine the desire for freedom. Their is still age as a
fundamental, factive, given, difference that does hierarchize the society.
Essential factors are not somehow forgotten or erased in the urge to complete
a libratory project!!

Vunch