Healthy human sense

Dear list members,

Today I have recieved a text from an association of economics. The =
writer shows in the text that some people (Dr. ......etc) had seen the =
economic crisis in Asia before it happened. It is because, the writer =
means, that they (Dr....) use their "gesunden Menschen Verstand" =
(healthy human sense) and "vernetztes Denken" (net-connection thinking) =
to rule their things...etc.

Here is part of the German original text:

'(...) weil sie sich nicht einfach an oekonometrische Modelle und =
Trendberechnungen mit einer Unzahl von Kennzahlen halten, sondern auch =
den "gesunden Menschenverstand" walten lassen, gepaart mit der =
Faehigkeit zu "vernetztem Denken".(...)'=20

Personally I don't think these two terms "gesunden Menschen Verstand" =
and "vernetztes Denken" can appear together in such a way, and I am also =
skeptic to this term "gesunder human Verstand". Someone has a different =
opinion to mine. So I want to hear the opinion from you. Thanks!

Wong=20