Re: Strong Poets

The phrase "strong poet" is indigenous to the work of Harold Bloom,
with his emphasis on the anxiety of "influence" (a more complex
notion than common usage suggests). I have never seen Bloom refer
to Foucault in that way, and given his hostility to poststructuralist
criticism, I would be surprised if he used the phrase in a positive
way in such a reference. On the other hand, I think a good case
could be made, using Bloom's terminology and theory, that Foucault
could properly be called a "strong poet" by stretching Bloom's
usage only slightly. I don't have time to make the case.
Tom Dillingham