Re: Foucault and the Author fuinction yet again

I'd like to hear more about the distinction as it applies to secondary
and higher ed. What are your ideas about philistinism in high school?
& at college?

thanks, henry

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:27:57 -0600 Michael Thomas
<ellison81@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
> For my senior english paper I was thinking of writing on the
function of Liturature and the use of authors to create the difference
between the "intellegent" and the "phillistines" in seconday and higher
education. I wanted to know it there were any more souncres out there
besides the Lit function essay in Politics, Philosophy, Culture and the
Author function essay in Language, Counter momory, discourse. thanks a
lot...and if you have any opinions on my "thesis" plese feel free to
share. I'm still trying to really develop this idea. >
> Michael Thomas >
> "I don't feel that it is necessary to know exactly what I am. The
main interest in life and work is to become someone else that you were
not in the beginning...What is true for writingand for love
relationship is true also for life. The game is worthwhile insofar as
we don't know what will be the end." >
-Michel Foucault

hwsholar@xxxxxxxx