Re:

Perhaps Adorno thought he had thte one true story, but as he makes clear in
Negative Dialectics, that one true story is the impossibility fo philsophy
providing that story, but also the necessity of the labor. Likewise,
Enlightenment for Adorno is not "the one true ways" but a specific
dialectical relation to truth that by privileging a kind of value-free
instrucmental or practical reason leads to the unquestionned domination of
kind of bureauccratized scientism. Adorno and Horkeimer saw a direct
relation between Auschwitz and the Enlightenment.