Re: Biopower and genocide

I have been following the brief discussion of biopower with interest and
thought that I might suggest that anyone interested in the subject read
Homo Sacer: Sovereign Power and Bare Life by Giorgio Agamben. He is very
explicit about his debt to Foucault, and most particularly his debt to the
Foucault who is concerned with biopolitics. As with anything Agamben
writes, it is beautiful and overwhelming. Although he clearly works with
Foucault's ideas his project extends to places that Foucault's death
prevented Foucault himself from reaching.

Andrew Pollock