Re: subjectivity in a networked society

Hi Y'All

As a recent inductee to what is really a fascinating Foucault community I
need to procede with caution lest my Foucault fanaticism begin to infect my
otherwise sound capacity for common sense...

As a study tool, however, this list server is really very exciting. With
this in mind I want to pose a question to this cyber community; On a number
of occasions later in his writings Foucault comes to describe his
intellectual project as akin to a tool kit where other 'specific'
intellectuals might take certain of his analytical concepts, stratagems and
'tools' for use in the analysis of localised and specific struggles in the
relations of power and their effects. I am intriqued by this metaphor as I
find it of some use in coming to understand both Foucault's work and his
legacy to us as scholars, activists and thinkers. To this end, I come to
the group asking for any references anyone might be able to recall of those
writings, interviews and articles where Foucault uses this metaphor in
describing his work. I have come across a few but know there is bound to be
more. I'd really appreciate people posting any references/citations or
comments they might deem worthwhile...

cameron duff

department of government

university of queensland