The Order of Things

I recently started reading the Order of Things and have found it a very difficult
book to read. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach it. Or some hints
at its main theses.

Thanks,

Sean
***
Sean Guillory
guillory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Primordial Soup Kitchen Zine Mailorder
http://pw2.netcom.com/~guillory/catalog.html
PO Box 1312
Claremont, CA 91711-1312
"But if the designing of the future and the proclamation of the ready-made solutions
for all times is not our affair, then we realize all the more clearly what we have to
accomplish in the present--I am speaking of a ruthless criticism of everything
existing, ruthless in two senses: The criticism must not be afraid of its own
conclusions, nor of conflict with the powers that be." -- K. Marx