Re: what, so no one's yet discussed the matrix?

dude!

the matrix rocked!!!!!! i saw it last week and i'm still high. what fun!
a million times better than that irritating star wars flick (ok, two good
scenes,
but that was it).

the simulacra book scene is brief, if you blink too long or have to look for
your popcorn, you miss it. but did you also notice that the book isn't
"real"? i'll have to see it again, but i thought it was this hollowed out
shell where he kept his stash. i loved that!

i'll contend there was a delicious meta remark too. when the neo/keanu
meets the oracle woman and she says he's "kinda cute, i can see why she
likes you so
much, not very bright, but cute nonetheless..." ha! i laughed out loud at
that. toucher mon amie!!!! (i was definitely the most excited person in
the theater.)

i'm sure the "what if we're just brains in vats" theme has been done many a
time, but i can't imagine a more convincing rendering of it. so beautifully
handled. the images so chillingly real.

i had the hardest time going to work the next day. how can i go back to
work after that? it's all just matrix! there is no spoon! what am i
doing? i
have to go out and save the world! i'm trinity! where's my leather pants
and cell phone?

ah, trinity! did she rock or what! i have a new idol. i'll be patterning
my life after her (and the original emma peal).

a movie with plenty of eye candy........and brain candy (how nice!)

gushingly,
josie "trinity peal" markisha greaney (why not?)

www.whatisthematrix.com